Achieving GDPR Compliance
with Samsung CMS
Samsung CMS enhances customer experience to facilitate GDPR compliance
An upgrade is available for Samsung CMS, which provides the ability to meet GDPR compliance obligations. Call recording is significantly affected by new GDPR regulations, but Samsung CMS GDPR-specific product enhancements both benefit call recording users and users of call reporting functionality (without call recording).
New functionality is accessible to authorised users via a new compliance centre in Samsung CMS. Compliance features are explained in our short video and a summary is listed below for quick reference.
New features include:
- Filterable Audit Reporting, allowing audit data to be exported on usage, deletions and changes.
- CLI Masking (within reporting data), to satisfy those customers that do not wish to appear on unreturned missed call lists.
- Definable Call Recording Policy Rules; by call direction, whitelisting (for legitimate call recording which does not require consent) and blacklisting (where consent has not been granted).
- Compliance Dashboard containing key compliance metrics (filterable by date), such as percentage of calls rejected (not recorded), total call recordings deleted, last call recorded and total call recordings unallocated.
- Call Recording Deletion; call recordings can be deleted either individually or in bulk.
- Allocate an extension to an unmatched on-premise call recording (those non-attributable to an extension)